The Absolute Journey (“we”, “us”, “The Absolute Journey” and “our”) knows that you care how information about you is used and shared and we appreciate your trust in us. We assure you that we take the issue of safeguarding your privacy seriously. We value your business and your faith in us in delivering you a superior level of service.
1. DETAILS ABOUT THIS POLICY: This Policy is published in compliance with inter alia, applicable provisions of the Information Technology Act, 2000,Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Information) Rules, 2011 (the “Rules”) and Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011. This Policy provides information with regards to, (a) the type of information collected from the Users, including Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Data or Information (as defined herein) relating to an individual, (b)the purpose, means and modes of collection, usage, processing, retention and destruction of such information, and (c) the process how and to whom we will disclose such information.
This Policy is applicable to: I) Everyone who accesses and uses https://theabsolutejourney.com/in any form or manner; II) Users who avail our Services; III) Third party service providers or their representative(s).
2. YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE POLICY: The usage of the Services we offer or by merely vising our Website, you will be deemed to have read, understood and agreed to the practices and policies outlined in this Policy and agree to be bound by this Policy. You hereby consent to our collection, use and sharing, disclosure of your information as described in this Policy. If you use the Services on behalf of another person or entity, you represent that you are authorized by such person or entity to (i) accept this Policy on such person’s or entity’s behalf, and (ii) consent on behalf of such person or entity to our collection, use and disclosure of such person’s or entity’s information as described in this Policy. Kindly note this Website is not intended for children and we do not collect data relating to children.
3. THE COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION BY US: Certain Services provided on the Website require us to know who you are so that we are more equipped to service your requirements. When you access the Services, or through any interaction with us via emails, telephone calls or other correspondence, we may ask you to voluntarily provide us with certain information that personally identifies you or could be used to personally identify you. You hereby consent to the collection of such information by us. The information collected from you by us may constitute ‘Personal Information’ or ‘Sensitive Personal Data or Information’ under the Rules.
“Personal Information” is defined under the Rules to mean any information that relates to a natural person, which, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available to a body corporate, is capable of identifying such person.
The Rules further define “Sensitive Personal Data or Information” of a person to mean personal information about that person relating to: · passwords; · financial information such as bank accounts, credit and debit card details or other payment instrument details; · physical, physiological and mental health condition; · sexual orientation; · medical records and history; · biometric information; · any detail relating to the above clauses as provided to body corporate for providing service; · information received by body corporate under lawful contractor other wise.
It is however brought to your attention that any information that is freely available or accessible in the public domain shall not be regarded as Sensitive Personal Data or Information for the purposes of these Rules.
4. WHAT IS THE INFORMATION THAT WE GATHER ABOUT YOU? 4.1 The information we learn from you, our customers helps us personalize and continually improve your experience on our Website. We use your information to assist provide you with our Services, process payments, communicate with you about our Services and offers, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us, display content such as wish lists and customer reviews and recommend Services that might be of interest to you. We also use this information to improve our platform, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our Website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf. The information that we collect about you could include:
a) Identity information: We generally collect information such as name, age, gender, passport information or data from government-issued identity cards. This includes personal data you provide when you: i. place an order via our Website or purchase our products or Services via any other means; ii. book us to provide Services for your travel iii. create an account on our Website; iv. subscribe to our service or publications (including our newsletter); v. request marketing documents to be sent to you; vi. enter a competition, promotion or survey; or vii. give us feedback or contact us;
b) Contact information: Such as your home address, zip/postal code, email address and phone number; c) Images: Such as CCTV images, publicly available photographs and images captured at events or during your stay; d) Financial and payment information: Such as your credit/ debit card details, itemized spending and transaction history; e) Reservation information: Such as the type and location of the rooms you reserve and the dates of your travel; f) Profile data: Such as your username and password, purchases made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses; g) Preference information: Such as special requests, service issues and other preferences for your travel; h) Public information: Such as when were view public platforms to understand what you are saying about us or the tourism industry; i) Technical information: Such as information about the device you use to interact with us (including the unique device identifier, hardware model, log in data, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, IP address, geo-location, operating system and version, and mobile network information and unique device identifiers, in the case of our mobile app); j) Correspondence information: When you contact us, such as to send an enquiry or make are quest, any correspondence or application may be kept and added to your information; k) Usage data: Includes information about how you use our Website, products and Services; and l) Any other Personal Information you chose to provide to us.
4.2 Information from Other Sources: As you use our Services, you may provide us with additional information. You may provide us with a user name, password, and/or response to a secret question. You may also provide us with information any time you communicate with a customer sales representative. You may also provide information in response to surveys we conduct. Any information connected directly to your identity is protected under this Policy.
4.3 We do not collect any information about you pertaining to details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, genetic and biometric data.
4.4 While searching and reviewing the Services available on the Website, prior to initiating contact for provision of Services, the Users are required to create an account. During the account registration process, we will collect Personal Information such as your name, nationality, mailing address, telephone, email address and other Personal Information that you may be required to provide. We may also collect Personal Information that you post on social networking portals as well any comments/discussions you may provide in your feedback on the Website.
4.5 Collection of Personal Information from social networking sites: In the event you access the Website through social networking websites such as Facebook, Instagram etc., you will be required to enter your login details, at which stage you will be required to grant us permission to access and collect your basic information such as name, profile picture, gender, networks, user IDs, list of friends and any other information you have set to public on your social networking account. In the event such information is not public, but you permit us to access this information, we shall have access to the same. This information is stored along with other information pertaining to you.
4.6 Do note that we do not control the privacy policies of third party sites and have no say in how such sites may use or disclose your information. We urge you to consult the privacy policies of such third party sites.
4.7 Additionally, we collect information on data you submit about other individuals. This information includes the name and address of the recipient of the order. Please note that you are responsible for the submission, transfer and processing of all information submitted about third parties
4.8 How and from what sources is Personal Information collected? For each of the categories of Personal Information and purposes described above, we gather information when you provide it to us, or interact with us directly, for example: a. when you create a profile or sign in to access an existing profile on our website or app; b. when you make a reservation online; c. We also collect your Personal Information while monitoring our technology tools and Services, including comment cards and email communications sent to and by The Absolute Journey; d. We may also receive information about you from other sources, such as our business partners and publicly available sources, or from other members of your traveling party or other individuals. We combine information that we have about you from various sources, including the information that you have provided to us. e. Finally, we may collect your photograph from publicly available sources so that we can recognize you in order to provide you with superior customer service.
5. WHAT ARE THE TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES WE USE? We may automatically collect information through tracking technologies such as cookies, pixel, tags and similar technologies. We may use tracking technologies when you visit or use the Website to collect information about your browsing and purchasing behaviour. We may also use third party partners to collect device and usage information. For example, we may collect information about how you use our Website and mobile app, such as the pages you visit or links you click and if you use multiple devices, and information about the device you use, such as the IP address, device type, operating system, and a unique ID that allows us to uniquely identify a browser, mobile device or account, and other such information. If permitted by your device settings, we and our third party providers may collect location data through GPS, Wi-Fi or other methods to personalize and enhance your online experience and to improve the effectiveness of our Website, mobile App, offers, advertising, communications and customer service. We collect analytics data, or use third party analytics tools to help measure traffic and usage trends and to understand more about the demographics and behaviours of our users. Type of information that we may collect include: i) Click path data: The outcome of a visit to our Website may result in data being transmitted from your computer to our server. Such data may be immediately processed and maintained by us. In particular, such details can contain the following: · Date and time of visit to the Website · IP address · Pages visited on our Website · Browser information
iii)Web beacons: Online beacons contain icons which are notevident to the consumer. Tracking connections and/or related technology consistof a few lines of computer programming and can be implemented in our Website.They are mainly used for statistical research purposes in combination withcookies. The system will also be used to detect traffic trends on our Website.
iv) Analytics: Web analytics is the concept used for the practice of capturing and analyzing the actions of visitors to websites. It involves the study of user trends in order, for example, to assess the number of clicks to other sections of the Website or to figure out what content and resources our users are more interested in. For such purposes, we use, in particular, the click-stream data and other techniques listed above.
6. WHAT IS THE BASIS FOR COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION? A. We may use the collected Personal Information and other information as provided by you, for the following reasons, including to: · to enable you to use our Website and our mobile app; · to help us recognize or identify you and any accounts you hold with us; · to provide superior customer service to you; · provide the Services you request; · to confirm your order verbally in the case of suspected discrepancies in purchasing information; · to operate our business, including for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, statistical and research purposes and troubles hooting to help us improve our Services; · administer, promote, monitor and/or comply with any issues related to your usage or connection to the Website including your registration on the Website; · register and/or maintain the account that you may open with us, including facilitating purchases via the Website as a consumer of some of our Services. Please be aware that while purchasing our products, the payment gateway may be privy to your financial information, as provided by you at the time of purchase of our product; · process transactions and send you related information (i.e., confirmations and receipts); · for billing purposes in relation to the utilization of our Services; · to analyze customer trends and insights; · respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service; · deliver you information, deals, alerts, marketing and promotional materials relating to our products and Services including our newsletters; · provide you with details about any policy adjustments, improvements and/or amendments to our policy, terms and conditions; · enter into agreements with you, and to perform our agreement to provide Services to you when you stay with us; · comply with all relevant laws and regulations or to support any government body, police entity, regulatory board or related jurisdiction in law enforcement and/or inquiries; · operate our business, including for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, statistical and research purposes and trouble shooting to help us improve our Services; · send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages; · conduct research (including consumer study), polls, industry assessments, review and growth practices (including but not limited to data collection and/or profiling), collecting reviews on our Services and to improve the same. This information may include the URL that you just came from (whether this URL is on our Website or not), which URL you next go to (whether this URL is on our Website or not), your device browser information, and your IP address; · if you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on the Website, we may collect such information into a file specific to you. · better tailor our Website to your interests and needs; · offer you tailored advertising based on your behaviour on our Website.
B. Use of Demographic / Profile Data / Your Information (i) We use Personal Information to provide the Services you request. To the extent we use your Personal Information to market to you, we will provide you the ability to opt-out of such uses. We use your Personal Information to resolve disputes; troubleshoot problems; help promote a safe service; collect money; measure consumer interest in our products and Services, inform you about online and offline offers, products, services, and updates; customize your experience; detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity; enforce our terms and conditions; and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection. (ii)In our efforts to continually improve our product and service offerings, we collect and analyse demographic and profile data about our users' activity on our Website.
(iii) We identify and use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Website. Your IP address is also used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information.
(iv) We will occasionally ask you to complete optional online surveys. These surveys may ask you for contact information and demographic information (like PIN code, age, or education level). We use this data to tailor your experience at our Website, providing you with content that we think you might be interested in and to display content according to your preferences.
(v) You may submit pictures from your event as a testimonial on the Website, or to one of our customer service representatives. By doing so, you are agreeing to allow The Absolute Journey to display the pictures of your event on the Website of The Absolute Journey as well as for other promotional purposes. Further, many of our Services require us to collect images and other information from the User’s device camera and photos. For example, the User won’t be able to send snaps or upload photos from the camera roll unless we can access the camera or photos of the User.
7. DISCLOUSER OF YOUR INFORMATION Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We may shares customer information only as described below for the purposes provided in this Policy:
A. Publicly shared information: Any information that you voluntarily choose to share in a public area of our Website (e.g., by posting a comment to a blog post or leaving a review) will be available to anyone who has access to that content. B. We may disclose your information to following recipients for the purpose of managing, operating, administering our business and for legal purposes: · To our other group entities for security purposes; · To our other group entities for the purpose of evaluating our products and Services; · With the operator of the hotel or the hub of hotels which you book, stay or visit for the above purposes; · With anyone involved in the process of making your travel arrangements (e.g. travel agents, group travel organisers and your employer) in order to fullfil contractual obligations; · To financial institutions for the purpose of payments and transactions related to provision of our products and Services provided by our vendors/service providers and consultants; · To regulators, government, courts, law enforcement and other authorities acting as processors based in India who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances; · For our service providers who have been retained to provide Services on our behalf or on behalf of the organisation including i) Service providers offering IT and outsourcing facilities such as data collection, electronic mail services and delivery of IT administration processes; ii) Professional, financial and legal advisors, tax advisors, auditors, insurers; iii) Vendors, service suppliers and contractors who have been contracted to help finance, run, administer and maintain our activities and business processes or to offer services that support the distribution of our products and Services; · We and our affiliates will share / sell some or all of your personal and other information with another business entity should we (or our assets) plan to merge with, or be acquired by that business entity, or re-organization, amalgamation, restructuring of business. Should such a transaction occur that other business entity (or the new combined entity) will be required to follow this Policy; · With any other party at your consent or at your direction; · If you use a corporate credit card, your billing information may be shared with your employer; and · Otherwise as permitted or required by applicable laws and regulations.
C. Law Enforcement, Legal Process and Compliance: We may disclose information about you (1) if we are required or permitted to do so by applicable law or legal process, (2) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials to comply with a legitimate legal request, (3) when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, (4)to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights, (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraud or illegal activity or (6) otherwise with your consent. Where we need to collect your information by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with products or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
D. Personal Information affected by business transactions and/or transfers: The Absolute Journey manages properties on behalf of third party property owners. The Absolute Journey may disclose to such a property owner certain guest or owner information as needed to implement business transactions between the property and a particular guest or owner. If we cease to manage a particular property, guest information required to process pending reservations and information that is historically shared with the property owner is retained by the property owner. All other Personal Information remains with The Absolute Journey.
8. HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION? We employ procedural and technological security measures, which are reasonably designed to help protect your information from loss, unauthorized access, misuse, alteration or disclosure. We may use encryption, firewalls, passwords, and physical security measures to help protect your information.
That said, it is important to note that no security measure is 100% secure and we do not promise and cannot guarantee the same. We endeavour to protect the privacy of your account and other Personal Information that we hold in our records, but unfortunately, we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized access or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information. Also, while we endeavour to put adequate contractual protections in place, we cannot guarantee the security of any Personal Information in databases hosted by third parties.
While we shall take reasonable steps to protect your information, you should not expect that your information or private communications cannot be collected and used by others. It is important to note that any e-mail communication is not secure. This is a risk inherent in the use of e-mail. Please be aware of this when requesting information or sending forms to us by e-mail (for example, from the “Contact Us” section of our Website).
We urge you to take steps and ensure that no one has unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. Finally, to be prudent, please be sure to always close your browsers when you are done using a form or the reservation site. Although the session will terminate after a short period of inactivity, it is best to close your browsers immediately upon completion, especially when using a public computer.
We understand that you may like to know what Personal Information we hold about you, or to correct or delete certain information we hold about you. We are happy to assist you with your request. To protect your information, we may require that you prove your identity to us at the time your request is made. This may involve providing us with information that we hold on file about you (e.g. a home or business address), or we may require you to produce some form of photo or government issued identification. We reserve the right to decline a request to access, correct or delete your Personal Information under certain circumstances as permitted by applicable law. In particular, there may be a variety of legitimate business reasons why we may be unable to delete your Personal Information and where we are permitted to decline your request to delete your information.
We cannot guarantee that our Services and Website will function in an error free manner and without any interruptions. We shall not be liable for damages that may result from the use of electronic means of communication, including, but not limited to, damages resulting from the failure or delay in delivery of electronic communications, interception or manipulation of electronic communications by third parties or by computer programs used for electronic communications and transmission of viruses.
10. HOW DO WE TREAT USER GENERATED CONTENT? We invite you to post content on our Website, including your comments, feedback, pictures, and any other information that you would like to be available on our Website. If you post content to our Website, all of the information that you post will be available to all visitors to our Website. If you post your own content on our Website or Services, your posting may become public and we cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy.
11. PROCESS RELATED TO OPTING OUT AND UNSUBSCRIBE: If you no longer prefer to receive our promotional emails or newsletter, please follow the instructions for unsubscribing/opting-out as indicated at the bottom of the email. Although the changes to your account will be processed as quickly as possible within a reasonable amount of time, please understand that you may receive emails and/or newsletters until these changes have been processed. Also, note that opting-out does not apply to any communications necessary for the processing of your order. Please note that you may not be able to opt out of service-related communications (e.g., account verification, transactional communications, technical and security and notices).
12. YOUR CONSENT: By using the Website and/ or by providing your information, you consent to the collection and use of the information you disclose on the Website in accordance with this Policy, including but not limited to your consent for sharing your information as per the terms of this Policy.
13. CHANGES AND UPDATES MADE TO THIS POLICY: We will review our policies, procedures and processes from time to time as part of our efforts to ensure we properly handle, secure and process your information. We reserve the right to amend, at our sole discretion, the terms of this Policy. We would notify you about revisions to this Policy by publishing the updated Policy on our websites with the date it was revised. You are advised to visit the Website from time to time to ensure that you remain fully aware of our current Policy.
14. HOW LONG IS YOUR INFORMATION RETAINED? We will only retain your information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
15. OUR CONTACT INFORMATION: If you, at any time, should you wish to: i) Enquire about this Policy or about how we may manage, protect and/or process your information; or ii) Complain about the way we manage, protect and/or process your information, please reach out to our Grievance Officer, whose contact details are provided below as per the Information Technology Act 2000 and Rules made there under Name: Email Id: email@example.com Address: The Absolute Journey, 67/1B 4th Cross, Lavelle Road, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560001
16. GOVERNING LAW: This Policy shall be governed in all respects by the laws of India. In case of any dispute with respect to this Policy, the courts at Bangalore, India shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any such dispute or claim.
DISCLAIMER While every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of information offered on these pages, we shall have no liability for errors, omissions or inadequacies in the information contained herein or for interpretations thereof. The Website could include inaccuracies or out- dated information and is subject to change at any time without notice. Your use of the Website is at your own risk. THE INFORMATION, DOCUMENTATION, SOFTWARE,PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES CONTAINED ON THE WEBSITE OF THE ABSOLUTE JOURNEY AREPROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. THE ABSOLUTE JOURNEY AND ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES RELATING TO THE INFORMATION, DOCUMENTATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES CONTAINED ON THE WEBSITE, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTIES AGAINST INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY MAY LAST, SOTHE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, TO THE EXTENT INAPPLICABLE. THE ABSOLUTEJOURNEY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL, AS A RESULT OF THE REPRODUCTION, MODIFICATION, DISTRIBUTION OR USE OF THE INFORMATION, DOCUMENTATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS ANDSERVICES.
Made to Order
Our team of highly skilled travel advisors and designers are your resource for the insight you need to plan a successful and an unforgettable holiday in India. Please reach out or learn more about the range of bespoke travel services from our specialist to converse how we can conceive your vision of a dream holiday.